Sunday, January 29, 2012

Mochi Ice Cream

Out of boredom, me and my sister decided to make mochi ice cream. If you don't know what it is, then look below. I'm not really good with explaining, so I will let ehow explain for me :)
Mochi Ice Cream, which traces its American origins to Los Angeles' Little Tokyo, is the melding of the traditional Japanese dessert known as mochi (rice cake) and the classic American favorite, ice cream.
(source: ehow)

Sounds good doesn't it? It was really fun making it (because it was really simple), but I hated the clean up part. So many dishes to wash! Anyways, the ingredients and instructions are here. Although, my sister used Youtube to learn how to make it. Results may vary.


We ended up using pink food coloring because...I don't know why, we just used pink okay hehe. 


We covered it up to put in the microwave...


and it turned out like this. We had a hard time stirring it because it was sticky.



Rolling the mochi into a ball shape (Tip: Make the shape bigger if you don't want it turn into a failure afterwards).


I don't know why, but that looks like raw chicken coated in flour. 


Tadaa~ Now, all you have to do is put it in the fridge and wait for who-knows-how-many-minutes.


This is the fun part...choosing the ice cream flavor! We ended up choosing chocolate. (Tip: Don't use bubblegum or peppermint flavor because the flavor is gonna turn out nasty). 


Voila! Our mochi ice cream turned into a failure. I made the ball shape too small so we couldn't fit in the ice cream inside. We ended up having to add random things to make it look uh...pretty legit...I guess? 

No comments:

Post a Comment